Gnome/Tomte slippers for a wee one




When I was a child, my mother used to make these little slippers for us in all kinds of colors. They are so simple to make and children love them. I still need to put the bell on the toe for Mei-Lings so she can properly jingle when she walks during the holiday season.
I like them so much, I may just make a BIG pair for me. You can tack the toe up so it looks very elfish !
The yarn is a nice Christmas-ie red, not at all an orange/red but the old camera just doesn't do it justice. Another week before I have my good one back. It needs a new board : (
Just knit a square the length of the foot and sew up the bottom and a bit up the back where the heel sits. Fold over the top and you are done, simple as pie .

Comments

Jo Lynn said…
Oh the kids would love these. I haven't gotten into the knitting yet. But this would be an awesome start. Thank you so much for the idea.

Jo Lynn
novascotiagal said…
My kids would love them too. Thanks!
Lucy said…
Wow i'm going to give this a try for Isis! Love them
... Paige said…
What fun to make and wear especially with a bell.

I can't crochet any more because of my carpel-s have tunnels and my nerves have damage that makes it painful. One day I suppose I will get rid of my yarns and hooks but I'm just not ready to let go of them.
Dana and Daisy said…
Oh my gosh! My aunt had made me a pair of these so many years ago. I had forgotten until seeing your post!

Popular Posts