The Power of Prayer and Well Wishes


For the first time, Mei-Lings surgery came off without a hitch. Nothing went wrong and the operation took the normal amount of time and went just as it should have.
She did so well that they let her come home 4 hours after the operation. A miracle really.

She had some more morphine for pain just before being discharged and will have codeine for the next few days. Poor baby is having lots of pain. The doctor did a urostomy on her. Mei-Lings little tummy is all swollen from the surgery.
I am still in amazement at her being able to come home. What a testimony to the power of prayer and well wishes ! Thank you all for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers. Melanie is exhausted from the stress of the day and it was a bit shocking to her the first time she saw the stoma, plus she had to deal with really really low blood sugars most of the morning. Casi is just a wonderful guy and is such a strength to Melanie. Its been a long hard day and I plan on just sitting down on the sofa and doing NOTHING.


.

Comments

Dana and Daisy said…
that is just amazing Patty! Continuing prayers.
love, dana
Melanie said…
I will keep sweet, little Mei-Ling in my prayers for her recovery. Hugs to you all.
That tiny girl is such a trouper. Praises that the surgery went well and she was able to come home. Prayers continue that all will be well. You all take it easy tomorrow!
Marianna said…
Good to hear things went well. Will continue to pray for her as she recovers.
Leslie said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said…
Praise God that Mei-Ling was released to go home. That is the best place to heal. We will continue to pray for her as she recovers and adjusts, and for her dear parents, as well. God's strength to all who are close to Mei-Ling.
Still praying for you all. How lucky you are to have such a strong family - though there isn't really as much luck about it as reaping what you sow.....I'm so glad to hear the surgery went well.
Val said…
Home is the best place to be. Miracles of prayer do still happen. I hope it all goes well.
Renee said…
What wonderful news! How amazing that she got to come home tonight; that's the best place for her to be. Will continue prayers for you all.
tiffany said…
I am so glad things went so well and she is home. The hospital is no place to get a good rest. That little one is one tough cookie.
Aunt Jenny said…
Wonderful news!! I will sure continue to keep her and your family in my prayers. What a trooper she is!
Lucy said…
She is in my prayers Patty and her block is on your way
Lucy said…
Mei ling is in my thoughts!
Janette said…
Prayers will continue from here. Rest well. She will be all over the place when this is done:>)
~Bren~ said…
God is good!! I am thankful that little Mei Ling is home so quickly. I will continue to pray and for Melanie too. A mama's heart...well you know first hand.
Medical science is an amazing thing. I am confident that the surgery can be reversed down the road. For now it is a way to take the trauma off her systems and let them rest. Again, God is good!
novascotiagal said…
Good news!. Still keeping Mei-ling in prayers for a gentle recovery and easy adjustment. She's so brave without even knowing it.
martha said…
Thank you God, for answering our prayers. And please keep this dear girl from any further complications.
Unknown said…
I am so happy to hear that everything went well. I will keep all of you in my prayers.
Anabella
Kristine said…
Oh just look how precious she is! Just like a sleeping angel. I'll keep her in my prayers.

Popular Posts