A Most Wonderful Day


Sometimes the most wonderful days are the ones where life is just normal. Today was that sort of day. I picked Melanie and Mei-Ling up this morning and we headed into town to run some errands. A usual thing for us to do together, but there haven't been many of them lately because Mei-Ling has not been feeling all that great. When I went to their house, Mei-Ling was all smiles. Full of baby giggles and running all over the place. Normal ! What a wonderful word, "normal"is, I think we often take it for granted or even give it another label and call it "boring".
Thankfully, Mei-Ling ate her lunch today with a bit of an appetite, certainly better than it has been. A good sign.
After our errands, they came here for a bit of a visit and Mei-Ling was just playing like normal, yes that word again, that beautiful word. I even changed her diaper, again something I hadn't done since her surgery. It wasn't a big deal.... it felt almost like normal to do it. Life is good !

Mei-Ling was trying to figure out if the crochet hook was a chop stick ( which she is fed with ) or something you used with the wool.
I just love those long eyelashes !
Using Grammies phone to call Grandpa
The bassinet of her pram became a fun toy today along with her all time favorite toys, balls of roving.
The hat completed from my homespun....no pattern used, just worked it up.
And finally, a little embroidered piece that hangs on my wall, that says it all.

Comments

Marianna said…
What a sweetie, and thank God for the normal days! Praying for many more of them for her.

Marianna
Dana and Daisy said…
Oh that is so wonderful to see! Your hat is just so cute. What a lucky girl she will be who wears it.
Patty said…
For once, that lucky girl is ME. I am actually keeping the hat for myself !!!
Marci said…
I am so thrilled that she is doing better. She is a doll baby. I love how she plays with things.
Dana and Daisy said…
I think you should keep it for yourself! You give so much to others. Your hat is adorable and I'd like to see a pic of you wearing it some chilly day! What a ray of sunshine your hat will be in the grey of winter.

Popular Posts