Some Good News

It's nice to be able to share some good news about Mei-Ling. She went to the Doctors today to have her stoma looked at and it looks great, infection appears to be gone.
She is doing so well and when I picked her up today to give her a big hug, she felt heavier to me, so it looks like she is gaining some of her weight back. And another good bit of news, it seems that Melanie has found a good way to diaper Mei-Ling now, which is a big accomplishment when your little one has had a vesicostomy.
The phone rang rather early this morning and I said, "hello" and nothing on the other end, so I repeated myself, "HELLO" and then I heard a tiny little voice say.... "oh wow !" It appears a certain tiny little girl down the road called her Grammie all on her own with her Mommy's cell phone.
She ran and handed her mom the phone after her brief exclamation of wonder at what she did. We all think she surprised herself. Melanie decided its time to keep the phone away from little fingers that seem to know what to do with a cell phone.

Comments

Dana and Daisy said…
that's so cute, and great news too!
Marianna said…
LOL at the phone incident especially her reaction!

It is wonderful to hear that her infection is cleared up! I'm sure she is now feeling ever so much better. Prayers for her continued good health.
So cute! I'm so glad to hear that she's doing better. She's definitely been a trooper...so much has been thrown at her already. She has a strength larger than most adults!
Sunny said…
Thanks for that cute story. Glad she is doing so well.
Sylvia K said…
That is wonderful news! And I can just imagine her with the phone. I hold good thoughts for you all!
Renee said…
Wonderful news! Wishing you and all of your family a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.
So glad to hear that MeiLing is on the mend and feeling better. Very cute story about the cell phone.
Anonymous said…
I'm so pleased Mei-Ling is getting better. How funny with the phone. I'm enjoying your beautiful photos from your garden, herbs, veggies etc. Keep 'em coming :-)

Popular Posts