The Moment



I wish the music could be turned into words and put in this post and I wish the sweet smell of the incense burning could also be captured and turned into type so I could share it with you and preserve this moment in time for myself. If only I could grab the blue from the sky and the bird songs and transform them into letters that would spell out the beauty of this moment. The way the late afternoon shadows lay long and dark across the green of the grass and the way the gold of the sun lays in patterns on the floor. It is perfect . Grand in the simplicity of it. The red of the crepe Myrtle leaves gently bouncing in the breeze like colorful dabs of paint in motion. It is beauty beyond what I could ever hope to describe, and it is for this moment only. In no other moment will all things come together just as this moment. It is to be enjoyed, savored. Soaked in deeply so it will become a memory.



Comments

Dana and Daisy said…
Down in Texas, they do grow some gorgeous Crepe Myrtles! That's for sure.

Loved your comments on my blog today!
Dana
We can't hold any of these fleeting moments, but we can be awake enough to experience them, and count our blessings, and warm ourselves with the memory - the way you do so eloquently, Patty.

Popular Posts