Comfort Food for a Chilly Night

Swedish dishes for Swedish Meatballs !

Comments

Dawn said…
Mmmmm....yum....those are homemade right? Are you going to make some for Thanksgiving?

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I told Robert you were planning a 'New England Thanksgiving' and he was like 'what is that?'. I told him 'I don't know'. So...what type of foods does a New England Thanksgiving involve so I can put his mind at ease. :-)

Blessings,
~Dawn
Marianna said…
Looks yummy...I'm loving this little cold snap!

Marianna
Dana and Daisy said…
That's a really cute table-setting. It looks oddly familiar, like maybe one of my aunt's had it. Is it an old pattern?
Sunny said…
Oh my! That looks SO delicious.
Patty said…
Hi Dawn,
yup, homemade. I don't do instant or mixes. Learned to cook as a child and love it.
No, we won't be having those for thanksgiving, but we will have turkey with a potato stuffing made with something called Bell seasoning, that is from New England. We have mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, winter squash, sometimes I make corn pudding or I make corn fritters served with maple syrup, cranberry sauce, and of course pies, lots of pies. Apple, pumpkin, chocolate cream and I usually make Indian pudding. Its about as yankee a meal as they come.
Patty said…
Hi Dana,
Its a pattern called Var Sa God by Berggren, I think its from the mid 60's. I have a few pots and pans with the patten on it too.
Aunt Jenny said…
Those look yummy Patty!! We will hae to have meatballs this week. Mine are more okie and less swedish..but we do love meatballs.
I love your dishes...very pretty!!
I used to have a housecleaning business and one of my customers had those dishes. She decorated very swedish and I loved how it felt at her home.
Iowa Gal said…
I grew up with a swedish grandma and the meatballs made my mouth water. Do you have a recipe you could share?? Also do you make Swedish brown beans.??
Patty said…
Hi Iowa gal,
I don't use a recipe for my meatballs or the gravy, just learned to make them by taste and look, but I have my great aunts recipe written down somewhere which I am sure is where what I make orignally comes from. And yes we do make Swedish brown beans and I am pretty sure there is a recipe for that somewhere too : )
My mother and grandmother were no recipe cooks and they taught me.
Unknown said…
Those swedish meatballs look yummy!! I'll have to find a recipe for those.
Stacy :-)
http://paintingbridges.wordpress.com

Popular Posts