What A Fun Birthday

What a fun birthday I had ! Emery and Melanie pulled off a fantastic birthday party for me last night. Friends and family to help me celebrate. Emery came home with several boxes of Pizza from our favorite Italian restaurant and Melanie made a delicious cake and all the trimmings for a great party. My decorations were all tie dye, for the hippie in me. I was so touched by the fact that every gift I received was perfect and proved that the ones I know and love the best, know me so well. Melanie and Casi gave me the first season of Northern Exposure DVD's and a CD of the 12 girl band, which I love. Steven and Priscilla gave me a gift card to Starbucks, which I love and my dear friends Desiree and Megan gave me a gift bag filled with delights such a a bottle of lemonchello, perfume that is out of this world and a special gift brought back from Germany and a bottle of Desiree's special herb blend that she makes. Emery filled a box with wonders galore, fabric, candles, a visa card for shopping on line with safely, ( the kind of card you buy at the store loaded with a certain amount) and a game for us to play. Melissa gave me an old edition of my favorite Wilder book, The Long Winter. Which is such a treasure. My sisters both gave me wonderful gifts and my dad too.
We had such fun visiting last night, laughing, eating and playing with the babies.

The piano is filled from end to end with birthday cards with messages of love and friendship in them. I feel so blessed. They put those funny candles on my cake, the ones that you are not supposed to be able to blow out, the ones that keep relighting themselves, well, this old gusty woman blew them out so well, that they never did what they were meant to do ! I blew them out and they stayed out : )
I enjoyed left over pizza for breakfast with a tiny piece of cake for dessert. What a fun birthday.

Comments

MiSScNeLLY said…
Happy Birthday to you!! It sounds like you had a beautiful day that celebrated you. :)
Holly C. said…
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great one.
Mrs.T said…
Happy B Day!!!
Mrs.T said…
P.S.

I have the same shirt!!!!!!!!!
Marci said…
I am so glad you were able to celebrate with family and friends!!!
Cat said…
Sounds like loads of fun! You have great taste, well, at least some similar tastes...I think they are great! I think my mom needs to hang around with someone like you!
Unknown said…
Happy Birthday...

Love, Anabella and Chloe
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday!!

Love the shirt!!
Been reading your blog faithfully for about 4 months now. Love your pictures and your thoughts!!
Lucy said…
Happy Birthday Patty!!
tiffany said…
Happy Birthday! :)
Christine said…
Patty,
I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday! You are definitely surrounded by lots of love.
Dana and Daisy said…
I am so glad you enjoyed your day!
Carole said…
Happy Birthday Patty ! So nice to read about your marvelous day. I want to be like you when I grow up :-)
Lisa said…
I'm glad your birthday was such a blessing! My oldest son also has the shirt you are wearing in your picture, he was wearing it when he visited here the other day :) Lisa in NM
R. Aastrup said…
Sorry to be late to wish you a Happy Birthday. It clearly was happy. I'm glad you had a lovely day with your family. Here's to many more!
Sunny said…
The hippies WERE right!
JacquiG said…
I'm so sorry I missed your birthday! So glad it was such a good one ... you deserve it!!!

Sending birthday hugs!

Jackie

Popular Posts