I Was Thinking....

I was thinking today....
pomegranates are good for us, almost the modern day wonder food. Olive oil the best oil, a good fat. We are told we should eat lots of fish. Many, including myself think Goats milk is better for you than cows milk. A side note here of just simple common sense. Cows raise their babies on their milk to become somewhere around 1,000lbs. Goats raise their babies on milk that is meant for an animal that reaches 150lbs in adulthood. Which weight would you rather reach ? Wine is good for the heart. Yogurt good for the digestive track. Honey, raw of course, has a multitude of health benefits....fruits and vegetables are good for us too. Flat bread is said to be better for us than bread loaded with yeast. Milk and meat, just too much fat in one meal. Pork bacon and sausage....just to much fat !
This is starting to sound like a diet, some new fangled health plan. But really its pretty old, ancient really. Wonder why it has taken us so long to figure out that the very foods God talked about so long ago are turning out to be the very foods that are best for us ?
We just keep trying to make our own diet plans, our own way. Seems like folks just want something new, modern, and complicated. Something that requires us to buy more gadgets, more stuff than we really need. My thoughts here are nothing new, I am sure there are many books on just this subject. The point being, we can figure it out ourselves if we just look in the right place.
I have a friend that loved Essene bread and made really good essene bread on the roof of her house. Covered it with a nice netting and let it bake in the hot sun. Best stuff you ever ate. Made like it was made thousands of years ago. Dates and raisins dried in the sun. Even two hundred years ago women hung fruits across the room to dry by the heat of the fire. Simple stuff. I always dry apples that way, strung across the room. Maybe we get a little dust in with them, during those few days it takes to dry, but a little dust never hurt anyone.
I just keep thinking today, that we keep making our lives so complicated when it doesn't need to be. We keep trying new things only to find we end up journeying back to the tried and true old ways of doing some things.
I am talking food here and cooking methods.
This week I love technology. Melissa flew into WI last night, missed an exit and was lost. Called me on her cell, told me what road she was on and in seconds I located her on google maps, got her on the right road and heading for Oshkosh. She is there for two weeks for her nursing degree program.
I was able to sleep well knowing she made it safe and sound. Here I am so far away yet being the navigator for two lost young ladies in a new area.
Proverbs 27:27 You will have plenty of goats' milk to feed you and your family and to nourish your servant girls.
Deuteronomy 8:7 For the LORD your God is bringing you into a good land—a land with streams and pools of water, with springs flowing in the valleys and hills; 8 a land with wheat and barley, vines and fig trees, pomegranates, olive oil and honey

Comments

eggsintomatoes said…
Hmmm, I'm getting some Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats -- this means I should be really tiny, they only get about as big as a border collie :-)
R. Aastrup said…
Martha was lost in upstate New York today and she called and had me guide her via Goggle Maps! You're right. Very cool!
MiSScNeLLY said…
Life really isn't as hard as we make it out to be. New is never better. We should stick with the things that we read about in the Bible, in our living and in our eating.
Patty said…
Wonder if I drink have nigerian and half nubian if I might end up a petite woman : )
Patty said…
Rondi, Glad you were able to be the navigator for Martha, it really is amazing that we have such technology at our fingertips.
Wisconsin is a great state! I went to graduate school there and lived there for many years so if your daughter has any questions let me know!

We're hoping to retire there on Washington Island in 7 years - my husband and I miss it terribly.

Popular Posts