The Joy In A Child's Day








I see her mothers smile in her big grin and her aunties love of order in this wee one. I see her fathers hands in the way she holds hers. I see magic in the way she pretends as she plays and joy in the way she lavishes kisses on her dolls and feel pure joy when she reaches up for me to give me a kiss. Being a grandmother is so much more than I ever imagined. It is watching beauty unfold once again in the life of a child. It is seeing the connection of your own children in the face of the new generation. It is a blessing so far beyond words. All because of love !

Comments

Unknown said…
She is a living doll. She is so cute! I love the dress. What an amazing little girl she is.

Love,
Anabella - Mom to Chloe
Sylvia K said…
She is beautiful and I can only imagine the joy and delight that she brings into your life. People often ask me if I don't miss having grandchildren and I always say that you don't miss what you've never had, but when I see pictures like these, I can imagine.
Enjoy!
Momzoo said…
What a sweet thing, and that dress is beautiful!

One of the things I love about your blog is that you post all through the day. It is fun to sit at the computer and know that there will be a new post at Morning Ramble
Margo in Maine said…
Words well spoken and I say 'Amen'...grandchildren are such a joy ..just celebrated our twins 10th birthday with cake and ice cream and new high powered hot wheels and ATV. I let them shop for themselves with a $ amount and my guidance but their choice...it was so much fun to interact with them.
How precious your granddaughter ...thanks for sharing the pics....Maine
The Stricklands said…
Oh, I miss those toddler days! I love the picture of her big smile - she is such a beautiful, sweet girl.
Gypsy Quilter said…
Such a gift, such a treasure. Do stop by my blog and enter the contest. She'll love Kate's music.
Cat said…
She looks like a little sweetheart!
Kathy said…
What a beautiful little girl, and a beautiful dress! I know how special grandchildren are....my grandson and granddaughter light up my life!

Popular Posts