Mei-Ling Update

We had so hoped for good news, but the ureteral reflux is still there, the babies bladder looks abnormal, the Doctor has scheduled an MRI, he is concerned there is a problem with the nerves around the bladder. So perhaps more surgeries in the near future for her.
One good bit of news, her kidney looks better, not so stretched out. She will she the nephrologist soon and they will have a better idea after talking to him about that situation. After the MRI they will decide if she needs to see a neurologist.
Mei-Ling loves her Doctor, because he is always so kind and gentle with her, lets her play with his stethoscope and happens to call her, "the little princess" ! Today he spoke some Yiddish to her and she just smiled so big. But she would not share the Yiddish words she knows. Babies never seem to perform on command : )
A new medication to help her move her bowels with a bit of a hope that maybe just maybe her being so backed up has caused some of the issues with her bladder. We can pray its that simple.

Comments

Renee said…
Sounds like you all have a wondeful doctor for Mei-ling. Will keep Mei-Ling and all of you in my thoughts and prayers. She is definitely a cutie!
Unknown said…
Little Mei-Ling is in my prayers. Send a hug to her for me. I am happy to hear that Mei-Ling loves her doctor. That is a big plus.
Anabella
Christine said…
We will keep Mei-Ling and y'all in our prayers.

The photo of her in that dress is precious!
Anonymous said…
No need to display this. What a dear child Mei-Ling is. I didn't know until I was an adult that my uereters were misplaced--HUH? This led to serious kidney problems that were corrected by a marvelous urologist. May she continue to grow stronger and stronger.
TJ said…
I'll be keeping Mei-Ling in my prayers, what a dear for being so sweet with the doctors! My son was 18 months old during his hospital stay and he detested doctors for quite awhile!

Popular Posts