"You Have to Live Spherically"

photo from http://www.allmoviephoto.com
One of the reasons I love the movie, "Under the Tuscan Sun" so much, is for its underlying wisdom. The movie is entertaining and it certainly shows the beauty of seizing the moment and just taking a chance in life, and of getting beyond profound hurt, but there is more.
One quote from the movie has become a sort of defining motto for me, it describes me as I am and what I want to continue to be...
"You have to live Spherically, in many directions and never loose your childish enthusiasm and then things will come your way" There is so much truth to this quote. Things do come your way when you are enthusiastic. Maybe its tied into the Law of Attraction. It has always been the case for me at any rate. Life is wonderful, amazing, exciting, full of life's lessons. Even the difficult lessons can become your most profound teacher. Much like my high school English teacher. First class she scared us all to death, laying the law down, turning red in the face with all the "you will not's" but this woman grew to be my most beloved teacher. Showing me the power of the written word, bringing life to poetry and language. In no time at all I forgot about that scary first class with her, and found her to be the single best teacher I had ever had. Our difficulties can be like that for us. We can embrace them, see what we have learned from them and find the value of them and hold on to that aspect of it.
I love exploring life. I am not afraid of looking around a corner, trying something new. Living spherically in many directions !
There is another quote in that movie that is full of wisdom. Martini says to Frances, "between Austria and Italy, there is a section of the Alps called the Semmering. It is an impossibly steep, very high part of the mountains. They built a train track over these Alps to connect Vienna and Venice. They built these tracks even before there was a train in existence that could make the trip. They built it because they knew some day, the train would come. " If only we would look at some parts of our life that way...expecting the good, expecting it to work out, taking the risk and finding out that we are just taking part in the greater plan. We so often let fear stand in our way, fear of looking foolish, fear of failing, fear of being afraid.

Comments

Angel Advisor said…
I love that movie!!!

Popular Posts