Little Miss Elizabeth




Last night Steven, Priscilla and Elizabeth came for supper. It seems like its been ages since they have been over. Mei-Ling being in the hospital, a trip to Alabama for them and one thing after another meant it has been about 3 weeks since they were here last for an evening.
I had so much fun playing with Elizabeth, she is just the sweetest baby, so full of smiles and is constant motion. We had on XM radio last night, the music of the 1940's and I had Elizabeth "dancing" in my arms. When I would stop for a minute, she would do it by herself and have this expression that said, "more Grammie! " She was either going to sleep well last night or be too hyper to sleep after all that dancing.
Steven has stuck to his "You Are What You Eat" eating plan for 3 weeks now and has lost 20 lbs and is looking so much healthier. I am so proud of him. He is a determined young man and like his dad, when he sets his mind on doing something, he does it. Priscilla is having to learn a whole new way of shopping and cooking and doing a great job of it.
You know, I am fully aware of just how blessed we are to have children so close to us and grand- babies visit us so often. I just keep thinking positive that Melissa and James will be back in Texas soon, they both want to be so its not me just being selfish. I don't think a single day passes that Melissa and I don't share how much we miss one another and hope that we won't have all these miles between us for much longer.

Casi had school last night and Melanie was recovering from a very sunburned neck, where the sunscreen, although applied, did not seem to work.

Comments

tiffany said…
Oh my goodness! Those are the cutest roly poly arms on that sweet baby. :)

I found your blog rather recently but have enjoyed many late hours of poking around on your site and reading the archives. This is a lovely place to visit. :)
The Stricklands said…
What a precious baby girl - I love the gentleness of her sweet face! I too long for the day when all of our children are within a few miles of us. They, of course, are waiting for us to move closer to them. If you hear of any old farmhouses in the Dallas area, let me know!
Cindi said…
I have two of Gillian's books. Tell Steve we are trying to follow the same thing here. Unfortunately, my being older and a woman I have only lost 8lbs, but I feel so much better!
Patty said…
Hi Cindi,
I try to follow her program too, but really should have her come to my house and sit on me for 8 weeks, then I might get better results. I watch her on BBC America whenever I remember to.
Dana and Daisy said…
Elizabeth is so pretty and is always dressed in such girly outfits.
nancyr said…
Elizabeth is getting to be such a pretty little girl.
Marci said…
She is such a sweetheart. Her face is really changing. I am glad you got to spend some time with her.

Popular Posts