The Birds Were Right !








Well the birds all acting a bit nervous yesterday was indeed a clue to the storms. Sirens sounded once again last night. Horrid storms, violent winds, a funnel cloud just down the road, torrential rains. 2 inches of rain fell in a very short period of time. From the house to the car, which is maybe 10 feet, we were totally soaked through and through.
Melanie and Mei-Ling were here with us most of the day, visiting and we like to keep a watch on her now that she is pregnant, her blood sugars have been getting dangerously low and with Casi at work and then off to college three evenings a week, Melanie needs to have someone keep an eye on her. Her blood sugar went down to just 30 in the afternoon.
They sent everyone home from their evening college classes so Casi came over here and we all sat watching the television and just waiting for the siren to sound. Makes you feel as unsettled as all the birds were acting yesterday morning. Steven and his family left here when the storms were just starting so he could be home before they hit which was shortly after we all finished eating.
This has been a wild spring time, more bad storms already than we have seen in a long time.
I guess we can still pay attention to the things of nature, like the birds yesterday, to let us know about the weather.
Just some photos taken while I did the morning chores

Comments

Glad you are all right. We had some storms here to last night but no tornadoes thank God. Keeping you all in my prayers!
TJ said…
30 is scary! I've always been amazed though that a low afternoon blood sugar doesn't cause the same reaction as a morning blood sugar. My husband was at 34 one morning and that had me calling 911 and the EMT's giving my husband a glucose IV. Yet he was at a 28 a few months ago when he had fasting bloodwork done and drove off to get breakfast! I pray that her blood sugars are able to stabilize. When I was pregnant mine dropped to 54 and I always felt fuzzy when it happened.

Glad you are safe! Momma cat and kittens are so cute!
Dana and Daisy said…
Our weather pattern has been strange this last year, too. It runs in ten year patterns I've been told, but then most people will say it is global warming. Whatever is the cause it sure gives you a sense of the power of mother-nature.
Margo in Maine said…
Thank you for your wonderful pictures and thoughts...this is one of my favorite blogs that I read...Greetings from Maine
Gypsy Quilter said…
There's a wonderful book on tape at out local library entitled, "Dogs Never Lie About Love." I cannot say who wrote it, but he did a good job of explaining the senses that dogs have and a bit about what they may have that we don't know about. I always listen to my Bonnie Girl when the weather is threatening. She can hear things, smell things, and sense things that I cannot. Just like the birds!

Popular Posts