Sunday Morning Ramble, A Short One

It's hard to write when your head resembles that commercial where the ladies head is blown up like a balloon. That is sort of how I feel today. I definitely have a head cold. My eyes are watery, my nose is either stuffy or runny. My throat is scratchy and now a bit of a cough has come on. I spent the entire day yesterday in my pajama's. Yes, even when I did chores, which I did lazily. Pouring the grain into the feed dish over the fence for the goats, rather than go into their pen. I scattered grain for the hens and gathered eggs in the afternoon in a moment of "I think I feel better". It didn't last long though. I tried using the hoe in the herb garden for a minute or two but it seemed to weigh at least 50 lbs, which of course it doesn't. I was huffing and puffing, out of breath in minutes. So I shuffled back to the house, feeling defeated. Washed my hands, got some juice to drink and laid on the couch, afghans pulled up around my neck. I tried to read, but felt like the words were too hard to digest and the book was so heavy to hold.
I turned on the television and watched "The Big Valley" I loved it when I was a teenager but in no time I was sound asleep.
I suspect today will be a repeat sort of day for me. Still feel about the same, no honestly...a bit worse, but then its still morning, the rooster is still crowing. I feel bad for myself. I want to do so many things. Paint the second bath, hang up my window boxes, ( this I will force myself to do) actually Emery will hang them, I will fill them with plants. Not much keeps me down, but I think this cold has claimed victory, at least for a couple days.

Comments

R. Aastrup said…
Hi Patty--sorry you're so miserable. The good news is that things like this pass quickly...I'm sure you'll be better soon. Give yourself permission to rest easy today =)
nancyr said…
Hope you feel better soon.
novascotiagal said…
Sorry to hear you're under viral attack. How miserable. I know from experience that if you give in, and let yourself rest, you'll get better faster. Push yourself to keep going, and it will go on, and on... Rest, and here's to feeling better soon. :-)
Aunt Jenny said…
I hope you feel better soon Patty. I know that draggy feeling when you are trying to do chores. Last time I was sick I tried to hang some sheets on the line on a nice day and my arms just were too weak to lift the sheets that high. I gave up. You get some rest!!!! You sure deserve it.
Carole said…
Hi Patty, I'm so sorry about your cold !! I know that feeling when you want to do things but your body won't hear of it [I had to slow down today and forced myself to rest and not overdo it otherwise I might have been burned out by the end of the day]. You got the sleep you deserve, and this will help you heal faster. Get better soon !
Mimi said…
so sorry you are caved under with the flu...it doesn't seem to pass anyone by this year...
drink lots of fluids...get plenty of rest...I pray that you will feel much better very soon...
Marci said…
Sure hope you feel better soon.
Cindi said…
Oh, I am so sorry you feel down. Hurry and get well!
2 LMZ FARMS said…
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well.I have had that mess all week. I hope that you get to feeling better soon. Hope you and yours have a blessed day.
I hope you are feeling better soon Patty!
Dana and Daisy said…
I always wanted to look like Audrey in the Big Valley. Turns out I look more like Roseanne. Oh well, c'est la vie!

Hope you feel better soon.

Popular Posts