Amish Cinnamon Roll Baking Day


Back to normal health wise so it was a busy day on the old homestead. It was time again to make one of the families favorites. Amish cinnamon rolls. You make your favorite sweet bread dough, roll it out brush on melted butter, and sprinkle the dough with a bit of cocoa, cinnamon and brown sugar. I usually add a bit of white sugar too. Roll it up, slice it and put it in the pan to rise. When its done rising, pour cream all over them, and some in the pan. Yup, cream. Bake them according to your sweet bread recipe instructions. Watch your time as rolls bake faster of course. Makes the most delightfully moist cinnamon rolls.
There are never any of these that get stale in our house !
We always make them big too. This size pan which is huge, uses a double recipe of dough.

Comments

Leah Spencer said…
Yummy! I've been in the "thinking" mood about making some bread lately, this just might be the kick I need. :)
Sunny said…
Oh boy, that sounds good. I have never put cocoa in my cinnamon rolls. At different times I've put in concentrated orange juice, honey, raisons, nuts, caramel, apple, uncalled-for spices, dates, and many other things, but NEVER even considered cocoa. This is just WRONG for a chocolate lover! I must remedy the situtation. Thanks for the recipe and idea.
Granny said…
I hate to ask because you sahre so much but .. could you share your favorite sweet bread recipe??

Those look so yummy and I dearly love homemade cinnamon rolls.

It seems taht when I make them, the cinnamon/sugar always dripps out and I end up with a gooey mess in the bottom of the pan. What do you think I'm doing wrong? I thought I wasn't rolling them up tightly enough and tried making them tighter but that didn't help.

Thanks!

Judy L.
Genuine Lustre said…
Looks good Pat. Makes my waistband tighter just looking.
Hope you are feeling better today.
Lucy said…
OOhh I want to try this! Do you think I can make it with dough from normal white bread??? Otherwise I agree with Judy .. May we have your sweet bread recipe :c)

Popular Posts