Daddys Hands
















This morning I was listening to a tape called Precious Memories and "Daddys Hands" is one of the songs on the tape.
My children have just such a Daddy. He is so loving, so hard working, so gentle and kind. I love this mans hands for the many kind deeds and the hard work they do for his family. We are so blessed to have this man in our lives. In the 27 years we have been married I have never ever heard an unkind work or harsh word come from his lips.

Daddy's Hands
I remember daddy's hands folded silently in prayer

and reaching out to hold me when I had a nightmare
you could read quite a story in the caluses and lines
years of work and worry had left their mark behind
I remember daddy's hands how they held my momma tight
and patted my back for something done right
there are things that i've forgotten that I loved about the man
but I'll always remember the love in daddy's hands
[chorus]
Daddy's hands were soft and kind when I was cryin
Daddy's hands were hard as steel when I'd done wrong
Daddy's hand weren't always gentle but I've come to understand
there was always love in daddy's hands
I remember daddy's hands working til they bled
sacrificed unselfishly just to keep us all fed
If I could do things over I'd live my life again
and never take for granted the love in daddy's hands

Comments

Christine said…
How blessed you have been! What a lovely family!
Sunny said…
My first thinking was that you'd been married 28 years. But then I counted it up and you're sure enough right. No surprise there. It sounds long but it doesn't seem long, you know?

Popular Posts