A Few Years in the Making
















I really don't remember how many years ago I started this quilt. It didn't take long to put it together and I was going great guns in quilting it at first, then life happened as it does and this poor quilt got folded up and put in the closet. I am surprised it didn't fade with age ! Today when I was looking for a pattern for a little girls dress I found this old quilt, half done. I took it out and ran my finger over the quilting, remembering how I wanted to have so many stitches per inch. Tiny straight stitches. Its time to finish it up and use it as it should be used. I remember picking the colors for a girls room all done in pastels and flowers, now its a room of Asian decoration and the girl is a young woman. Guess that gives you an idea of how long its been !

the weather is sunny and warm, 69 degrees
no music, just the ticking of the mantle clock
Barrys Irish tea waiting for me to drink, 2 sugars and a spot of milk

Comments

dot said…
What a sweet quilt. It is a shame not to finish it and use even though the little girl isn't so little any more. She most likely will still love the quilt and use it, especially knowing the history.
Tracey said…
It is a beautiful quilt. You did a wonderful job on it and I encourage you to finish it! Just think how comfy it woulda been to snuggle up in when you were sick. :o) Nothing beats something made by your own hand.
Inga said…
Hi there!

I found your blog through Bonnie's blog and enjoy reading your stories from your life at your homestead. I have made a link to your blog on my blog and hope you will take a look at my blog also
You've posted more wonderful things in the past couple days since I have been down with this tooth ache! I love reading about your heritage and your feelings of connection through generations. I'm sorry you've been sick..it's no fun! I hope you are feeling much better by now. The cinnamon rolls look to die for. I've never used cocoa in mine, nor poured cream over the top, but I am willing to try it..it sounds scrumptious!

Bonnie
Lucy said…
This quilt is again a beauty in his simplicity ! Hope you feel better.

Popular Posts