Yummy Corn Bread



My family loves corn bread. Simple as that. We have two ways of making it. One of the recipes I use is for a sweet corn bread that gets rave reviews from everyone who eats it. Its light, fluffy and a bit sweet. Its wonderful with honey or maple syrup drizzeled over it for breakfast or a snack. Its good with just about any kind of meal. We often have it when we have baked beans. I often slice a piece in half, butter it and then grill it and serve it with a hearty farmers breakfast.

The second type of corn bread I make is the skillet type. Just a simple recipe and not a sweet one. I pour the batter in the iron skillet and stick it in the oven. Its a more hearty old fashioned recipe and good in its own right. We purchase our corn meal from a Christian Community in Elm Mott Texas. Stone ground and fresh as can be. Not one bit of bitterness in their corn meal.

Here is the recipe for the sweeter corn bread. Its worth the work, just don't think about the butter or calories !

The Best Cornbread Ever

1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
2 cup Bisquick or any baking mix like that
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup cornmeal

Mix together and bake in in 9x9 greased pan

350 degrees F

35 minutes.

Comments

La Tea Dah said…
Sounds yummy and the stoneware is beautiful!
Lucy said…
I need to ask if Bonnie will take for me backing soda !! We don't have that here
Tracey said…
LOVE cornbread here as well. I always make mine in the cast iron skillet or in my cast iron corn shaped mold thingys. My most favorite way to eat it....crumbled up with milk and a bit of sugar on it, thank you. :o) That's how I like my berry pies too.

Popular Posts