Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Blues


Some things just strike you funny, when its not all that funny at all. Yesterday when these two blue dresses were on the line I had a brief thought about their colors. Shades of blues, and as I mused about that for a quick second I thought about the phrase "the blues" and wondered where it came from. I think if it was up to me to coin a phrase for feeling down, it would have been called, "the Grays". Like a dreary sky or something. I laughed thinking about my "blues" hanging on the line.
There are very few times in my life when I feel down. Seems to me there is always hope. I am a complete optimist. Probably stemming from a faith that is very child like. I just always feel things will work out.
The only "blues" I know right now is these two dresses hanging on the line !

1 comment:

Finn said...

l love the "blue dresses" picture Patty..*VBS* It's absolutely perfect..and I'm so glad you aren't familiar with the other blue. It's a hard place to reside...especially when there is such wonderment in life all around us. Thanks for sharing...Hugs, Finn

Sunday Blessings

Soft music, the gentle kind of music that makes you feel content with life... the view from the window as I sit and spin at the wheel makes ...