Homesteaders Wife Skin Care


When ladies get together they talk about all kinds of things. One subject that always comes up is skin care. There are products out there for everything. Stop aging, dry skin, oily skin, anti wrinkle and on and on.
I don't have wrinkles and I am 51. Some I assume is genetics and some is just plain common farm sense. One time I saw some show on TV where chemists checked the different skin care products, some over $300 a jar . At the end, this famous chemist said, people waste their money on all these products, using any animal fat will accomplish the same thing. I had such a chuckle. My home made soap is made the old fashioned way with nice clean beef fat. I have customers come to me saying their skin is the best it has ever been since using my soap. They all say the same thing, " we stopped buying all those night creams." I have people that have chronic dry skin that say their dry skin is gone since using my soap. Now there is no secret ingredient to my soap, its a simple old fashioned soap recipe.
I have sensitive skin, so that is why I started making my own soap so many years ago. Plus its fun and cost effective for me to make soap.
Now I do have one skin care product I buy every winter to help with my dry hands that often crack in the winter. My thumbs can get so sore. This simple item does the trick in clearing it up in no time. Works for dry cracked feet too. Simple no nonesense BAG BALM udder cream for milking animals.
We put it on the goats udders in winter and noticed our hands were soft and nice from just rubbing it on the animals.
So there you have it. Simple skin care. Eat fresh veggies, drink water, work hard and make some soap and buy some bag balm and you will stay young looking !

In the picture there is anise oil soap on the left of the Bag Balm and on the right is Rosemary, Rose Geranium Olive Oil soap.

Comments

Tracey said…
Hey! That's what I use quite often too! There are times that my skin 'disapproves' with BB though (I have psoriasis). I really need to get my soap mold out and get some more homemade soap made. I dried my lavendar this year just for some soap and have yet to make a batch. :o/
Patty said…
Good to meet another BB woman !
I never have any luck growing lavender. I keep trying new places in my herb garden.
Lucy said…
OOhh I wish I could have a piece of your soap ! I use bag balm too.. my brother bought it for me in america. I have now also cream made by lanoline from a sheep. That is awesome.
Christine said…
Bag balm is very good! I've been using to for a while- a long distance cyclist recommended it to me ages ago!
Anonymous said…
The soap looks lovely. By the way, do you have an online catalog or price list? i would love to have it added to my collection of soap recipes here. thanks.
djh/texas said…
i recently re-discovered bag balm and have been using it to clean my face. what i do is massage it on and then use a hot wash cloth to remove it. i don't even need to use moisturizer afterwards!!!
try it! it rocks!
and then i also mix a little bit of lip color in with it and have a great lip gloss.
and i use it on my pets too!
wonderful stuff - and the best thing is - I AM NOT ALLERGIC to it!!! YAY!

Popular Posts