We ended up with no snowfall. I am almost happy about that since I have pneumonia and couldn't go out and play in it if it had arrived. As you can see from todays photos, its bitter cold. The sky looks cold and the thermometer shows just how cold it is. Poor Fergus is a bit upset we won't let him out to play in these temps, but poor little thing would freeze.
As I look out the window, the bands of clouds seem to form a striped quilt look. One made of faded clothes, well worn. Shades of pale yellows, gray and the faintest of blue. I sit gazing, wondering if this could be a moment of inspiration for my next quilt, but decide natures reality doesn't always translate well into mans creation. I think I will leave this handiwork of God to my memory. The wind is still howling and shaking our farm gate as if some unknown guest was trying to enter. I have gotten off my comfy chair more than once to check to see if there was someone there trying to rouse me.
The ground looks crispy and I know the air is brisk. I fight the urge to go out and walk the land and see the ways Jack Frost has painted nature. Think I will have to content myself with some hand work while covered up on the couch for the day. When I tire of doing that, I will grab a good book of the shelf and have a cup of the new Bigelow tea called Egg nogg'n. Perhaps I will have a tea party for one !

Comments

Popular Posts