Simple Beauty




The freshly gathered eggs lay in a simple woven basket on the floor while I took off my boots. The afternoon sun caught them in a perfect light against the honey brown wooden floor. The beauty of this simple scene had me run for the camera to capture this moment. Later, as I placed the eggs near my mixing bowl in preparation for suppers corn bread making, the simple composition of colors stirred a sense of perfect contentment. A homey warm feeling, the kind you want to hold on to.
Vegetable barley soup is simmering on the stove, parsnips on the top bobbing up and down like tiny buoys in a stormy sea.

Comments

Granny said…
Patty, your photos look like they belong in a magazine! Thanks so much for sharing them.

Judy
Patty said…
Glad you like them Judy. Just the things around the homestead here that catch my eye.
Tracey said…
Patty, I love your blog. You've put into words *exactly* how I look at so many things. It has been such a pleasure to have 'met' you today. :o) I look forward to more.
Finn said…
The pictures are absolutely breath taking Patty. So happy to have found your blog link at Bonnie's *VBS* What an artists eye you have..I so admire that.
Patty said…
Thanks folks, you all so kind. I better watch myself or I will get a big head
Anonymous said…
Your photo of the basket of eggs sitting on the floor has captured a perfect moment in time. A truly beautiful picture :-)

Popular Posts