Here is Melissa enjoying spinning on her Wee Peggy. Many years ago my girls learned to spin and both of them had their own spinning wheel. Melissa had a Ashford Traveler but never really liked it, she always loved her sisters Wee Peggy. Not long ago her sister offered to sell the Wee Peggy to her. Melissa's husband James bought it for her and gave it to Melissa as an early Christmas present. How sweet is that ?
How wonderful it is for me to see my daughter rekindle her love of spinning. For many years the girls wheels just collected dust in the living room. But I had confidence that at some point in time they would both want to get back into it.
Like a good mom, with a motive to encourage, I packed the wheel up with lots of wool for Melissa to spin with.

Weather: 50 F and sunny
Music: Winter Solstice

Comments

Christine said…
How wonderful that your girls learned to spin from you! And that they are interested in continuing that art! Wish I had had that opportunity!

Any suggestions on how one can get started on spinning?
Patty said…
When we wanted to learn to spin we found the local spinners guild and attended a meeting. They were more than happy to teach me and my girls, without the cost of lessons.
I have in turn returned the favor and taught many people to spin. Its such a restful stress reducer and at the same time it produces great yarn

Popular Posts