Today was some day. I woke up feeling pretty bad, so decided with my history of pneumonia I had better call the Doctor. I called him at 8:45 and they said come in at 9:30.
That was just about doable since I am about half hour away. Only one problem...there was an ice storm. I quickly headed out the back door to do my chores and take care of Fergus. Stepped onto the back porch and proceeded to do a flying leap. The porch was covered in a thin layer of ice that I never saw. It was comical actually. My feet flew up in the air and like a cartoon, my backside bumped down each step and when I landed, I just sat there a minute, totally stunned.
I gathered myself and made sure nothing was broken. I got my chores done in record time and then headed off to the car. Of course it was covered in ice. My time was slipping away quickly. By a miracle, I made it to the Doctors only to discover I have pneumonia once again. This is number 6.
This time I am hoping not to make a visit to the hospital.
It really stinks to be sick when I love the ice and snow so much. I want to go play in it. I did manage to find an excuse to go out this afternoon, and take some pictures. Well, actually no one was around to stop me from my folly.
The wind chill is 5 right now. The roads all covered in ice and accidents are everywhere. Snow is supposed to fall throughout the night. Maybe tomorrow I will have to find some reason to go outside and take some pictures. Guess this storm will not be my angel making snow !
I count my blessings, everyone is safe at home and the house is cozy warm. The first picture shows the ice and sleet on the ground and the second picture shows you ice encrusted oak leaves that stubbornly held onto the tree.

Comments

Popular Posts