This year I have had a bit more time to decorate my dining room than I did last year. Last year we had my daughters wedding the day after Christmas and had to hurry to get the dinning room finished as it was a new addition. Decorations were not high on the priority list ! Having a floor down seemed more pressing.
Today was a good day to just pitter around the house. It was cold out and I am coming down with a cold and didn't much feel like doing any heavy work. I changed the dishes on my welsh cupboard and put decorations in the windows and a few other areas of the dining room. We have a small tree in one corner of the room near my little kerosene heater which is just for looks. Maybe tomorrow I will finish the Christmas curtains I am sewing for that room.
Its beginning to look more like Christmas around here and by Wednesday when snow is supposed to fall, everything should be done and I can enjoy a day of baking gingerbread men, sipping hot chocolate and looking out the window at the winter weather.
As I look around the house it seems my taste in Christmas decorations are maturing right along with me. Not so many Santa's or tomte. But more the colonial or early american look. Simple, and from nature. Guess that is really in keeping with our philosophy on life .
One thing has not changed since I was a kid, I sure love this time of year !

Comments

Popular Posts