My little office is a room of many purposes. The room sits between the living room and our bedroom. Its the room that contains all my exercise equipment, the roll top desk that my husband sits at to do his household accounting. Its the room where I study and the room from which I write. This room also contains the computer, a vital link to friends and loved ones. I have two windows in this room and often I find myself gazing out them, looking, wondering, contemplating and more often than not, in total wonder at the marvels of creation. This morning, looking out the windows gave you a real sense of winter. The gray sky, clouds flying rapidly across my view. Leaves tumbling from places unknown, carried on the wind like tiny messages from above. Birds feasting at the many bird feeders. Squirrels chasing each other up and down the branches. Hawks catching the thermals and enjoying their flight.As I was looking out my windows, I thought about this room and how much it contributes to our family. My girls both see this room as the place you come and sit beside me and solve the worlds problems. Our deepest most profound talks take place in this room. Long into the night we have sat and spoke of the things we hold dear to our hearts. My son shares with me his thoughts and dreams in this room also.This room is also the spot where my husband and I compose our many love notes to one another. Many mornings I find a note handwritten, laid carefully across the computer keyboard for me to read. Its also the room where family ties are made stronger through the computer. My extended family has an email list with which we keep in touch. We share family stories, traditions, joys and yes sorrows. We keep up on who is doing what and even share recipes. This room is the smallest room in the house, but is one of the dearest rooms to all of us as its where hearts share.I think I will just sit here a while longer, looking out the window and think about life and how good it is.

Comments

Popular Posts