Wrong Number

It's just past midnight and we have been asleep for nearly two hours. The phone rings, frightening sound in what feels like the middle of the night to us. "Hello, is Alicia there ?" the person asks on the other end of the line. My body feels like it has just avoided a car accident when I hear Emery say, "sorry, you must have the wrong number."
A call in the middle of the night is tough at any point in life, but right now, it felt like a nightmare. I fell back asleep but had a bad dream, it woke me up. The kind of dream that felt all too real, so here I am in the middle of the night, literally, with sleep driven far from me. What to do ? I suspect the knitting needles will be clicking for a while.
I just wanted to thank you all for your prayers. God bless you all !
my mom, about age 2

Comments

Popular Posts