Rain Rain Go Away



Enough already, I just emptied the rain gauge, it was full. 4 1/2 inches in just a couple days and now more rain. This afternoon it looked pretty clear out so I walked the short distance to Melanie and Casi's house for a visit. Melanie had called and asked me to come visit for a bit. I had on my favorite cheery red and white gingham skirt, a red shirt and on the odd side, my bright orange Crocks. They are waterproof and good for puddle hopping. I got to play with Mei-Ling, take some pictures of her with my phone camera and enjoy visiting. Soon enough the wind came up, the sky darkened and the rain began to fall in buckets. I just groaned knowing I left all the windows open since the radar was clear of any rain when I left the house. Borrowing Melanie's umbrella I headed home quickly. Its only 7 houses between us, 300 some odd steps. But the rain was so heavy that withing a moment my clothes were soaked as if a hose was sprayed on me full blast. The water on the side of the road was 3 inches deep. The umbrella kept my head dry but that was about it. I was heading north and the rain was too.
Rain came in one window, the others were spared by tree cover. There are windows on either side of the computer desk, which really worried me but all was well.
It was nice to be dry again.
It doesn't show up well in the picture, but my skirt was dripping wet hanging up to dry after the walk home. You know, it felt almost like a step back in time, having to walk in the rain, after a visit with my daughter and grand-daughter. We are so used to, having a car at all times and not having to really deal with inclement weather that way.
Miss Mei-Ling is changing every day. I only had my phone to take pictures with so here is a picture of a picture. What a sweet baby she is.... God has richly blessed us.

Comments

R. Aastrup said…
Goodness me, Patty! You're right: enough is enough! Seems as if things are all askew with some places too wet and other places too dry...

I like your "count your blessings" lists. You certainly are blessed!
Patty said…
strange weather indeed.
I think we all have so many blessings but sometimes we forget to count them, I have to remind myself from time to time.

Popular Posts