Morning Work




The morning is different, I know its July but it doesn't feel like July. Its cool and damp. The windows are open and a breeze is gently stirring the curtains. It seems more like spring or fall time. I wanted to get some spinning done this week and today felt like spinning weather.

My old rocking chair creaks when I rock in it which combined with the whirling sound of the spinning wheel, makes a rather comical song. It's a bit like putting music to the pat you head, rub your stomach move.
Birds are singing right outside the window where I sit, and butterflies and moths flutter from plant to plant, dancing bits of color. It seems as if this moment in my day could belong to a long ago period of time. There is nothing modern about it, except that I am now writing about it on my computer and using a digital camera to capture the moment.
Soon I will look out the window and spot Melanie pushing Mei-Ling in her carriage up the hill towards my house, coming to see me for a visit. I love that. Love it for so many reasons. It's like seeing love come towards you. Visable.

A few shots of my spinning this morning.

Comments

Yvonne said…
I love it....I always wanted to learn how to spin. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Popular Posts