This Morning, It Seems So Ordinary, until I think





If I just move, one step at a time, not thinking, just doing the ordinary, the day seems much the same as any other, that is...until I think, until I remember the gravity of our families present reality.

Stepping outside the back door I see the volunteer tomato plants growing large by the back door. I often just throw the old tomatoes out the back door for the chickens to eat at. It seems the seeds fall on fertile ground and have grown into large productive plants. We don't use hybrid seeds. I like the old heirloom varieties that have not be manipulated in some lab, so they grow and produce from seed. Its so easy to grow things here in Texas.
The chickens approach the kittens to check them out as if they had never met before. The kittens look a bit indignant at this encounter.
Flowers bloom, kittens romp and itch their itches, chickens search the ground for a juicy bug, and life just keeps going on.
Soon I will be heading off to see the baby, to reassure myself that she will be fine, to kick my doubt and fear out the door when I see her tiny rose bud lips curl into that sweet baby smile she gives even when she is hurting. I will be hugging two very young parents, who have experienced so much in such a small amount of time. Casi, a pillar of strength for Melanie.
His family, gems of kindness and love. How blessed Melanie is to have been joined to such a loving family and have a mother in law so strong and loving.
I hope we are the same for Casi as in laws. This is a refining time in our lives, sanded by the roughness of life. We all call on things we have learned through life, moments of the past where we had to endure hardships. Melanie is looking at her own childhood hospital times, and remembering how we stood by her side, hugs and kisses flowing from our hearts to comfort her in her pain. She learned from those moments for these moments, the very moments that should never have happened, there is no fairness to them. There is so little mercy in them.
I remember too, those moments and now these mix with them. Emery's eyes so often rimmed with that red sadness that comes with man tears. Holding back to be strong, but crushed by the hardness of the moment. This mans nature so gentle, so filled with love for his family. So few people know the real man, he keeps that for his family. A private man. He is my fortress in the storms of life, I hide in the soft of his arms, and all feels fine, until I think about the world beyond this place of safety. I am so glad my girls both have that same safe place within their husbands arms.
I hope Steven provides this for his wife.... I hope he goes to see his sister and her sick little one.
Compassion is not what we are born with... perhaps, but learned early on, in baby hood. If something was amiss at that time, perhaps the lesson is not learned well.
My sister Sandy, Melissa, my father, my Aunt, my cousins, my friends have all called and or left messages that they are praying, hoping, thinking possitive that we will all have a wonderful outcome for our little precious Mei-Ling.

Comments

nancyr said…
I'm certain that Steven has had many hurts and disappointments in his life, but now is the time for everyone to pull together as a family, and show love and caring.

Patty, keep that hope strong. Hope and faith are what carry you through dark times.

More people than you will ever know are praying for Mai-Ling and family.
La Tea Dah said…
Patricia, you describe so vividly a place I have been --- the shadows and the feeling of awakening in a bad dream that simply does not go away. When my mother was diagnosed with cancer, I kept wanting to wake up and have it all be gone. For some reason, there is a process that He allows us to go through as we pass through experiences and heartache that we may rather avoid. It's my prayer that God will bring healing and wellness to Mei-Ling --- and that through this He will reveal Himself to all in an even more powerful way. God be with you.

Love,
LaTeaDah

Popular Posts