Thinking Beyond Yourself, an example





I wrote this morning about thinking beyond yourself and as soon as I walked into Mei-Lings hospital room I saw this concept before me in the sweetest baby quilt made just for sick little ones. Oh the beauty of it. Yes, it is pretty, but more than that, it is a true gift of love.
Here is the wee one asleep under fabric placed together with love and a prayer. Beautiful !
Thank you "Fran in Iowa" for your gift of love and comfort . I wish I could thank you in person for the comfort you brought to our grand-daughter and to her parents by this loving gift.
These quilts are made for seriously ill children who are having long stays in the hospital.
I read where many of these little quilts are made for children with AIDS or other life threatening illnesses and what a tender example of thinking beyond yourself.

Comments

Anonymous said…
When Jonathan had his first open heart surgery, we were given a small quilt in the ICU, donated by a local guild. That quilt meant so much to me, even though I am a quilter myself. I will treasure it always as a reminder of our beautiful baby boy coming through his surgery, the amazing surgeons and nurses, God's love for him as He helped heal him, and our hopes for a good future.

I have been following Mei-Ling's progress and pray that she will do well and that Melanie and Casi will grow in love and strength throughout this ordeal. I wish there was something concrete I could do, but perhaps you could just pass on my love to them.
Patty said…
Sandra, it means so much to Melanie and Casi to know that so many people are praying for their precious baby and when I share with her what folks are writing, she smiles so brightly.
Lucy said…
The quilt ios a lovely gift. I read a lot about woman who made them.But this is teh first time I read about a receiver.
Marci said…
What a little doll baby. Oh Pat, we have been praying here. She looks so precious underneath that quilt. I think that it is wonderful that someone makes these quilts and donates them.

Popular Posts