A Moment of Joy


At my computer, sending an email to my Aunt, something caught my eye. Outside my window, at the bird feeders, now nearly overgrown with morning glories, there were two beautiful yellow moths. They "flittered" from bloom to bloom and at times seemed to play tag with one another. It was just a moment and not possible to catch on the camera with the screen in the window. Just a simple thing, but what joy it gave me. If I was the type to keep the windows covered in blinds or drapes this magical moment would have gone un-noticed.
Its hard to put into words what a moment of joy feels like, looks like or how it makes you feel beyond using the word joy.

Allowing the beauty of nature into your life and allowing yourself to be moved by such simplicity is to me a great blessing.

Comments

Rowan said…
All the beauties of the Earth are free and available to any who care to look for them - it's such a pity that so few people do actually notice them. As you so often say, the size of their house or car or the designer label on their clothes is what matters in their lives, so they miss all the things that would give them a little of the peace and tranquility that would ease the stresses that all the striving after more and more material goods induces. I've spotted that you've tagged me but have been away and am off again early Thursday morning so will do it when I get back. Better late than never:) Mei Ling is growing so nicely, Gabriel is too and is laughing and really taking notice of everything now. Hard to believe he's already 4 months old.
2 LMZ FARMS said…
I guess I take for granted where I live and how I live. I know some people look at me and my lifestyle like I just came from Mars. To be honest, I don't know any other way of life. When I have visitors they just go crazy at things that I just take for granted. I have nature right here at my backdoor.
I hope you and yours have a wonderful and safe 4th of July. I hope the rain hasn't caused you to much trouble. Could you send some of it towards MS?
Laura

Popular Posts