Vesicoureteral reflux, a new name in my vocabulary


It's what Mei-Ling has going on with her kidney... a big name for a big problem. She has a grade 5 which is the worst grade to have. At this point they are going to do a temporary fix in September which hopefully will get her though to the point when her bladder is bigger and able to be operated on with more success. She is a fighter and we just know she will be fine.
Now for the strangest set of events I have ever experienced.....As I was driving to the hospital today to see the baby, I was changing radio stations, just hit the scan button and stopped when I heard mention of Attachment Disorder. Its a subject dear to my heart. It was a christian radio station that I NEVER EVER listen to for some reason. But when the program was over and I was now just 4 or so blocks from the hospital, they had prayer for soldiers and then asked for prayer for some lady, then they said, please pray for Mei-Ling at Children's hospital, she has a lot of things going on and its a grave situation. My jaw dropped open ! Thousands of listeners heard the prayer needs of our precious Mei-Ling.
I am not one to be very emotional about religious experiences but I tell you, this seemed so miraculous to me that I was left speechless, humbled, and in awe at the workings of God. First, here I was listening to a station I never listen to, and I mean never and then the timing, another 5 minutes and I would have been out of the car. This has driven me to my knees in grateful praise for Gods workings. All the moments of doubt I have felt in the past two years seemed to vanish.
Then another miracle. Casi has a new position in work, which is a blessing beyond blessing. His heart is lighter as he will be working under a godly man that is positive and content with his work environment. Still in the same company but in a different aspect of the company.


Comments

R. Aastrup said…
My oh my, Patty! It sounds amazing, but really...it shouldn't be. So much of your life is a testimony to this most amazing God...
Patty said…
You are so right Rondi, but at times I want to head off in some new direction, turning away from such words as testimony. I feel humbled today. Ashamed of myself for thinking I could find better answers than what I have known for so many years.
Anonymous said…
You are having some wonderful spiritual moments which have clearly lifted you up. My youngest daughter had the same thing, but grade 3 which was borderline for surgery. They decided to leave it and as she grew, the problem seemed to disappear. All the best for her surgery in Sept. Congratulations for Casi - great news. Hugs to you all.
La Tea Dah said…
Totally awesome experience! May I ask what station you were listing to? Was it K-LOVE?

I will listen carefully --- I listen to that station as I go to medical appointments 3x's a week recently.

~ LaTeaDah ~
Mrs. V. said…
Patti, I was born with the exact same condition as Mei Ling. If you would like to know more from someone who went through it first hand you can email me. ddevalco@yahoo.com

Denita
Christine said…
Hi there, I have 2 kids with kidney reflux so I know how difficult these tests can be. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Popular Posts