Some Changes Going On Around Here

I have been given a choice, a tough choice for any woman. I get to chose between having a sun porch being built onto the house right now, a good size one mind you, 8x24 feet, or having my kitchen remodeled. That is a tough choice for me. Oh, forgot, with the kitchen remodeling I get an entire wall of storage cabinets in our second bathroom which is a huge bathroom, so lots of added storage. Now having the kitchen redone, its long over due, it means more cabinets really and a window put in. I have just a few existing cabinets which makes it difficult to keep things orderly and there is almost no work space, anyway, it doesn't mean I won't get the new enclosed porch, it means it will be delayed until next spring. My choice was to have the work done on the kitchen. More storage space will improve my life ! This is an old house, and storage areas were not a consideration in building this house back in the very early 1900's.
So with this in mind I decided to go ahead with the kitchen work first. Last night we purchased some wallpaper and wallpaper border for that room too. We found just what we had been looking at in a catalog at Lowes last night. It will be fun to add some colors to our rather plain off white walls ! Our policy is to save until we can afford to do any work, not go into any kind of debt and when we do a project, to remember to be modest in what we do, keeping in mind need more than want. I have to tell you, that remembering need and not want is a tough one when it comes to fixing up the kitchen.

Comments

Marci said…
How fun Pat. I think I would have chosen the kitchen as well (at my house), but a sun porch some day will be a wonderful addition.

I love your wallpaper choices.
Tina Leavy said…
oooh, what fun indeed.
Anonymous said…
Sounds like you're in for lots of fun. The paper border looks perfect for your home :-)
Marianna said…
I love the wallpaper! I would have chosen the kitchen, too. The built-ins in the bathroom would have done it for me!!
nancyr said…
Can't wait to see the photos when the kitchen is finished.
Love the wallpaper.
Grancy

Popular Posts