The Granny Look



I suspect that most of us have some concept of what the perfect Grandmother should look like.
No doubt we are influenced by a few things. Mine is no doubt influenced by my own grandmother. I loved this woman dearly. She lived with our family from WW2 until the day she died in 1974. What a blessing it was for me to have her available to learn from, to hear stories from and to understand the blessings of having more than two generations in a home.
I also knew my great grandmother which was a wonderful thing too. Such sweet memories I have !
Every time I watch The Secret of Roan Inish, I am in awe of the Grandmother in the movie. She is to me the perfect Grandmother. Not one bit scary as one comment suggested. I suspect maybe the picture may not have been the best choice, even though I love that scene in the movie best I think and to me she looks so perfect.
Here are a few more shots of her in the movie and then a couple pictures of my own grandmother and great grandmother. Women of substance and quality that shone in every aspect of their lives.
My goal is to be more concerned with who I am and what I mean to my family more than what color my hair has turned or how many wrinkles have appeared on my face.

My grandmother holding me
My great grandmother and her adopted brother
and "Tess" the grandmother on the movie, The Secret of Roan Inish


Comments

Popular Posts