Surrounded By Beauty






When I have a busy day, its always so refreshing to sit down with a cup of tea, take a deep breath, maybe watch one of my favorite movies, (today was The Secret of Roan Inish, which I always watch on damp days) and then I take a long walk on our land. There are flowers in bloom all over. Picking some for the table always gives me something extra to smile about. Bringing some of the beauty inside and just surrounding myself with beauty. We have so many moths and butterflies this year that just walking around you can have several land on you. Patches of blue poked through the dark rain filled clouds a few times today, but the rainy gray sky felt familiar, like all the times growing up I would walk along the strand, cold gray sand between my toes, the salty air making my hair curl and frizz without me giving a care. Seagulls squawking overhead wondering if I had a treat for them. Waves lapping up on the shore, playing catch with the land.
Maybe there is a degree of comfort in the familiar grayness of the sky when its damp. I think it serves as a bit of comfort. I do miss the smell of the ocean air.
Today, surrounded by beauty, my whole world felt simply perfect.

new box of Barry's tea, freshly picked flowers, a good movie and a perfect cup of tea
The flowers from the garden, some are herbs in bloom, but still flowers
The rest shots of color from the gardens today

Comments

Shellie said…
You reminded me of two things I love. The movie "The Secret of Roan Inish" and the beach/ocean. I grew up spending summers with my grandparents in FL and love the beach and ocean/Gulf of Mexico. Being near the water has such a calming influence on me.
Patty said…
Shellie, you are the only other person I know who has seen that movie ! Its such a good movie, the cinematography (sp?) is fantastic, the subtlties like when Fiona goes to the pub to see her dad and the man mentions how bad the air is and he blows smoke in her face...just a wonderful movie. The Grandmother is fantastic. I sure miss the ocean. I grew up with a salt water river, tides and all, two streets away from our home.

Popular Posts