Sights from Around Home





During a break from the rain I was able to get outside and get some pictures. Momma Cardinal would not let me get near her nest today, she flew at me twice when I got too close, but I did see that only one baby bird is left and one unhatched egg. Not sure what happened to the second baby bird, but in all the years of watching bird nests on our land, very few babies actually make it. There are just too many predators and the spring storms are hard on the nests.
The kittens are growing each day. Melanie plans on taking a couple home to her house. Miss Aya will be "fixed" the day she weans her kittens !
Everything is so green right now with all the rain. I just love the brightness of nature just after a rain.
Wee Miss Mei-Ling is visiting Grammie this afternoon while Melanie and Casi take his nieces and one nephew to the movies. Melanie and Casi are babysitting so they will get a taste of what its like to have 4 children this weekend. Think the "girls" were going to see the Nancy Drew movie and Casi and his nephew chose to go see some other "boy" movie.

Momma Cardinal watching me with a suspicious eye
The yard just after the rains
The kittens
and Mei-Ling waiting for me to finish taking pictures and rock her to sleep

Comments

Gina said…
I cannot see enough of your Mei-Ling and your kittens!
Patty said…
I suspect you will see lots more pictures of both subjects : )
Unknown said…
Pat, I get such a kick out of Mei-Ling's sweet little face, not only is she just beautiful but she always looks like she knows something we don't know, a secret of some kind:-) Love that baby:-)
Karen

Popular Posts