Saturday's




Before the sun rose in the east, I was awake. Emery sleeping lightly, stirring occasionally when I would make a noise. For a moment I just looked at him while he was sleeping. Smiling at his wonderful face so full of sleeps peace. The room filling with the pale light of dawns glory.
Love is amazing. Even after all our years together, our love feels fresh and full of that new love feeling, but what makes it even better is that with all our years together, we have this familiar comfortable feeling with one another that comes from years of being best friends and sharing everything.
After a bit I crawled back into bed, remembering its just a simple Saturday with no demands on me. Soon enough I was sleeping again. So free from the outside worlds worries.
Emery works most Saturdays, which leaves me free for the day to shop, or do the things I feel like doing. This gentle man of mine, got his own breakfast and let me sleep. He was out the door as quiet as a mouse. When I woke, I was laying on his pillow, breathing in the very essence of him.
When I got up, one of the first things I saw was the beautiful roses he gave me last night. They are more than just roses to me, they are honestly a token of his love, as is the many bottles of perfume that stand on my dresser. He knows how flowers and perfume delight me. This man of mine knows just how to say I love you in so many ways.
I miss him today, so will stop by his office on my way to town and chat with him for a bit. We will talk about his day, the children, the garden, and again I will ask him if I should cut my hair, ( I have asked him every day for a week now, its my process, ask and ask until I decide what I want to do) He will tell me he read my blog and today he will have that little boy smile when he tells me he read it, since its about him. One corner of his mouth turns up just a tiny bit more than the other when he has this certain grin. I love it.
Even though I was home alone, breakfast is leisurely and enjoyed for as long as I want it to be.
Plain yogurt with a drizzle of honey, fresh espresso, iced cold water, yes I do know warm water is better for you in the morning, but its Texas and June, cold feels better to me. There is a big pitcher of iced water on the table for whenever I want some. I light a candle, just one of those cheap "smells good" ones but I love having a candle lit with any meal. The roses sit in front of me, that gift of love from the man of my dreams. He tells me all the time I am his everything, and I feel that way. Think I will dress nice today, chic and a bit sassy at the same time. Its how I feel right now.
Michael Bolton is singing in the background. A love song but with a little pep to it.
Its another Saturday, adventure awaits me....life is indeed good. I plan on a full day of living spherically !
the roses
the breakfast
the sweetest gift of "life's longing for itself", Mei-Ling

On Children
Kahlil Gibran
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them,
but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children
as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let our bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies,
so He loves also the bow that is stable.

Comments

2 LMZ FARMS said…
Thanks for leaving me the inspiring comment on my blog. It's such a blessing knowing I have friends like you to encourage me along and pray for me.
I think its wonderful that you have such a loving relationship with your husband.
I really loved the poem. How truthful it was.
Hope this finds you doing fine and enjoying your weekend.
Laura

Popular Posts