The Most Amazing Children


Today I had the pleasure, and I really mean that, of taking Casi's nieces and a nephew to the park and the duck pond. These children are the nicest children I have ever met in my life and I have met lots in my 52 years.
They are kind, thoughtful, polite, not stuffy or acting out of fear, just sweet kids. They interact so well with one another, its as though they have compassion for one another. A rare thing in children.
Their parents are doing something so right with these children and it shows.
I have met plenty of children that behave well, but there is something missing in lots of them, a confidence perhaps, or that enthusiasm to explore or speak freely, the shrinking voilet type, but these children are so well rounded, and smart. Not bold but engaging. A pleasure to be around. All evening I kept thinking about how the children's parents must treat their children to make such great kids. What do they say to them that makes them treat one another and others so kindly? They played with kindness consistently all day long. Nothing to do with behaving just because I was there, it was that way at Melanie and Casi's wedding too, everyone in my family commented on how nice the children are.
Actually Casi's whole family is like this. They are not people to hide from the world or avoid all the things many folks think cause children to be this or that negative behavior, but somehow they have found a secret to making it all work. I think they ought to write a book !
Casi's mother has done an wonderful job raising her family and its reaching into another generation. I feel blessed, deeply blessed to have spent some of today with these wonderful children.

Comments

Children are amazing.kl
Marci said…
How fun for you and for them. I too love being around children that can go with the flow and get along and take part in conversation, etc.

Popular Posts