Just Keeping it Simple










Life has been busy for me in the past few months. I am used to just staying low key, but with all the events leading up to and after our precious grandchild being born, there are few days that are uneventful. I don't think of this as bad at all, just a change from the in-between years of having grown children and now another generation to play with.
I love the excitement this sweet one has brought into our lives, its invigorating, and makes us mindful of the things that really count in life. Moments spent with children are moments that can never be redone, so sit and rock that little one, sit and read to your young children, talk to your teens, enjoy long leisurely meals as a family, and never think that parenthood ends when your children reach adulthood. They always need a listening ear and the sharing of wisdom that we should have for them, only when they ask though : )
In all the busy-ness of life right now, I find such contentment and an endless source of peace from the land. The ever changing plants and wildlife. The sky's magnificent backdrop for butterflies and birds. Clouds that take you back to childhood, imagining bears and dragons in the fluffy shapes. I need that sort of grounding, that take me back to the simple things kind of moments.
You miss these things driving in the car, or can't appreciate the sounds and smells, or the tiny movements and changes in all of life around you. Walking among the sights and sounds of nature is like taking a stroll through a museum of intense beauty, that gets better at each turn.
Masterpieces in colors of a butterfly or the shading on a fuzzy peach.
When I was doing Tai Chi today, it felt as though my whole body was in tune with the breeze and the bending and waving of the tree branches, as though my breath was part of the life all around me. It just helped me keep things simple, when there was nothing simple about my day.
home
morning glories
Echinacea
tomatoes, not yet ripe
soapwort in bloom
hungry baby birds
yellow weeds
a blue weed
the herb garden



Comments

2 LMZ FARMS said…
Coming to your blog always brings me pleasure and peace. Just wanted you to know that. It is the simple things that I take for granted and thank you for reminding me to enjoy them
Have a good one.
Laura
Patty said…
thats so sweet Laura, glad that I can bring some pleasure to folks through my blog
Peggy said…
I just love visiting here! Your home is so comfortable and inviting. The love for your husband and family can be felt right away. I love reading about the many blessings you find in simple things.
Unknown said…
I almost died when I saw the baby birds. Theyre all FEED ME NOW! NOOOOOOOOW! That is such an excellent shot!

Popular Posts