A Sleepy Night



For some reason tonight I am just bone weary. Just the kind of night to forget its warm outside and pretend its time to light the wood stove and snuggle into bed for a long winters nap. Lots of folks around these parts were saying that they were the same kind of tired today. I suspect its the heat and humidity playing tag with everyones energy and we all got caught.
Summer will be long for this girl with the northern blood running through her veins. I am no fan of the heat. I prefer cold winter night and snowball fights to gardening in the suns heat.
Shovelling snow is not a bad chore to my thinking.
Tomorrow will be another busy day, I will take Melanie and Mei-Ling into the big city for Mei-Lings check up with the cardiologist. We pray for all good news.
The babies hospital bill came the other day, over $80,000. How thankful we are that it is all paid for. Miracles do happen.
The night feels long already, so bed calls to me. My eyes are heavy, my brain sleepy.
Tonight I want to share some gratitude's...
I am grateful
for love
for Emery
for the breath that enters my body
for my children and grand-daughter
for hummingbirds
for good doctors
for McDonalds coffee over ice, cheap and good
for the belief in something greater than logic
for potatoes from the garden, steamed
for the beauty of creation
for DSL, oh I love how fast it is
for friendships in blogland and close at hand
for a feather bed
for a desire for simplicity
for memories of my mother
for the joy of extended family
for peaceful days
for books
for music
for holding hands with the man I love
for hearing Emery's voice on the phone during the day
for seeing Melanie walking up the road to our house, pushing Mei-Ling in her buggy
for good son in laws
for small town life
and for a grandmother and mother that taught me so much
and
thats all for tonight : )
sunflowers and roses

Comments

2 LMZ FARMS said…
I hope everything turns up good for the baby's visit at the Dr. office. I will be praying.
Have a good one.
Laura
Patty said…
Thanks Laura, prayers were answered

Popular Posts