Housework and play




It was floor washing day today, not because I wanted to or because its on the schedule, but simply because they were in dire need of it. After a weekend of working in the garden, mowing at all the chores, there was plenty of mud and dirt tracked into the kitchen. I still am amazed at my choice for a white kitchen floor. No idea what I was thinking at the time we choose that color. Brown or gray would have been a smarter choice.
Miss Mei-Ling came to visit her grammie, giving me a good excuse to put the mop away for a time. She was dressed so cute, the camera was out before she could blink, but she was not too anxious to be photographed, she wanted to eat and then sleep. By afternoon, both momma and baby were napping on the sofa. I remember those days of sleepless nights and how good a cat nap felt.
I have started back in earnest eating smaller amounts. Taking my time to eat, enjoying the flavor of the food and eating mindfully. I really want to be thinner. For health reasons and of course to look better in my clothes. Vanity is alive and well, a functioning motivator to get some of this extra weight off.
Once again I am re-reading French Women Don't Get Fat. Its my favorite book about diet, because its more about eating right, than eating wrong. Its livable, doable, and has an element of class and chic-ness that makes it fun to live. Besides that, watching my daughters and husband eat this way, proves it works. They have eaten "the French Way" without ever having a label to it. Small bites, slow eating, small portions, satisfied with one chocolate or one cookie. Walking places, and not snacking. They are thin and healthy.
Plus the recommendation to have some wine each day is a real plus for me. I love wine, and its good for my heart. I deserve to look good, I deserve to enjoy my meal time and I deserve to reach my goals !
Miss Mei-Ling
And last but not least, Mei-Ling and Melanie sound asleep, nap time for both



Comments

2 LMZ FARMS said…
I love the photos. Gosh, she is so beautiful and growing. I envy you. Having that beautiful grandbaby. Oh, how I want one of my own but the married kids say no way. Maybe one day before I get tooo old. lol
I hope this finds you doing well and sending you well wishes on your flight to healthy eating.
Have a good one.
Laura
2 LMZ FARMS said…
I seen the recipe that you posted earilier, I was wondering, could you make it and it still tasted good without the pine nuts. I'm not one to eat nuts, makes my throat swell. Just one of those things that I have to do without things I love.
Laura
Patty said…
Sure Laura you can leave the nuts out.
I stumbled across your blog while blog surfing one day and I like to check in to pick up a little moment of zen. You have inspired me to set a beautiful table for my boys while they eat their cherrios in the morning.
Patty said…
Hi Lisa, Hope you stop by often.
Marcie said…
Patty, Mei-Ling looks so very sweet in that little checked dress! I hope you enjoy reading your French Women book! I love to revisit favorite books on nutrition and eating healthy, wholesome foods. It is inspiring, and I do better with my shopping and cooking for a while while the inspiration "holds." When it starts to fade, it is time for fresh inspiration!
Marci said…
She is a doll baby. I would love to kiss those chubby cheeks!!! I loved her little dress and shoes. I am glad you get to enjoy her.
Patty said…
Even though the dress is navy gingham, I still thought of you Marci : ) At least its still blue and white !
Patty said…
Forgot to mention Marci, that the shoes were Melissa's when she was a baby. Melanie wore them too of course.

Popular Posts