The Happy Heart


The Happy Heart
by Patience Strong

The happy heart is that which is content
with little things - the heart that loves the
simple life, the heart from which there
springs a sense of joy with each fresh day
- a prayer of gratitude - for the morning
miracle of health and strength renewed.

The heart that builds about itself a shell
of quietness - a heart that keeps its faith
amidst disaster and distress... A heart
serene, unmoved by envy, doubt, defeat
or fear - filled with hope unfailing, rich in
charity and cheer.

No greater gift could be bestowed than
this: the happy heart. The world becomes
a better place when once we've learned
the art- of putting golden edges round
the clouds that blow along 0 of turning
sorrows into smiles and discord into song.

Comments

2 LMZ FARMS said…
Looking at the photo, it made feel like at I was at peace and satisfied. A place where I want to be. I enjoyed the poem as well.
Have a good one.
Laura
Patty said…
We have to grab hold of our own peace and make our home, our life full of the things that give us a peaceful feeling, and sometimes that is something as simple as lamplight with a cup of tea !
JacquiG said…
I love these photos that you post. All your photos are wonderful but this kind specifically really draws me in, make me feel warm and comfortable and they excude peace and contentment.

I love the poem as well. I am more content with a "happy heart" lately that ever before, and a quiet and simple life is what I am looking for and working towards. I am grateful that I have reached this place in my life. And it's getting better!

Popular Posts