Melanie Needs Some Prayer


My daughter Melanie was taken to the hospital again yesterday, dehydrated and no matter what we did for her, her blood sugar would not go above 50. Morning sickness is not a good mix with her diabetes. I am so thankful she spent the day with me so I could at least keep her from passing out but by 4:30 it became evident that she needed to go the hospital. Casi got out of work a bit early and took her. Little Mei-Ling was worried about her mommy and after they had gone, kept asking, "where's mommy, she sick ?" At age 2 Mei-Ling knows already about being sick and going to the hospital from her own health issues and she is full of compassion even at this tender age. They gave Melanie an IV and some medication to stop the lessen the nausea which hopefully will allow her to keep some food down. Today she goes to the Doctors and perhaps he will put a plan into action that will help keep her out of the hospital. Women are remarkable beings, there is such love in our hearts, that we will go through such hardships to have a child. I suspect some don't understand that and others know just how willing we would be to have children ourselves. Melanie and Casi are amazing parents. The kind that should raise a quiver full. They are patient, kind, have great insight and are so full of love and it shows in the way Mei-Ling acts.
I was talking to a friend of mine the other day, one that I don't get to chat with very often. She told me that the one thing in her life she regrets is not having a whole bunch of children, rather than just two. She said that her children are such blessings to her and I know just what she means. I wish I had more children too, it just never happened for us.
People seem to feel strongly about how many children people have and my thoughts are that that comes strictly from their own good or bad experiences. We have so many friends that have 8 or more children and those children are a delight to be around and a blessing to their parents, but that had to do with the dedication of the parents from before they were even born.
It says in the Bible that "children are a reward". To that I add, rewards are to be cherished !
I know without a doubt that how we raise our children in the very first few years is so important. It is the most important job you will ever have, raising children and there are no "do overs". The good part, God is always there to help you.
I have rambled....if you think of it, say a prayer for Melanie as she carries this precious new being that is a reward from God.
Melanie with Mei-Ling, nearly two years ago, how time flies

Comments

mikesgirl said…
I will keep Melanie and her family in my prayers. Hopefully when she makes it through another month or so her morning sickness will go away and she'll do much better.
Amanda said…
I will be praying for Melanie and the rest of the family!
Blessings,
Amanda
Renee said…
Keeping Melanie and you all in my prayers.
TJ said…
I will definitely pray for her. I had never had morning sickness until this surprising pregnancy with my twins. I cannot imagine trying to manage diabetes at the same time. My husband is diabetic and it is work when he's sick.
Angela said…
Praying for your daughter. I put some scriptures on my blog today that might encourage your heart.
Alice Grace said…
I totally agree that children are a reward! I pray that Melanie will be better and that they will find a way to keep her stable.
I love your blog!
Definitely children are the Lord's reward. And sometimes a quiver full can be one, two or three. Whatever the Lord allows as He opens and closes the womb.
Grandchildren are pretty nice too!
Will be praying for your family.
Janette said…
Praying.
I, too, wish we had seven or eight. Our two are a blessing, but more would have been interesting.

Popular Posts