Busy Week

When I attended the Mennonite church, there was a common saying when speaking about plans being made, whatever the plan, it was followed with the phrase, " Lord willing" and what a wonderful little phrase that is, leaving room in our lives, in our plans for the higher plans He might have for us. I used to say that too, and in my busy-ness, it seems I have forgotten to always acknowledge that things can change according to the will of God. To be honest, in the past little while I often forget to put things in the right order and at times just think about what I want to do or feel I need to do without praying first about Gods plans for my day.
This week, I had so much I wanted to do, especially get the apron done for the give away and finish hemming my curtains for the living room, but instead of getting to do what I wanted to do, there were numerous tasks and such that had to be done since Wednesday night Emery took me car shopping. His car is not reliable any longer and we found that out when the transmission went out and his car was not even able to rescue me without incident. We have never purchased a brand new car and probably won't ever and this purchase was no different, we found a wonderful 2005 Taurus that will suit us well and we are so far, well pleased. But buying a car can mean lots of errands so my week has been a busy one. I have been so touched by the tender loving care Emery shows me and has shown to me for over 30 years now. His love evidenced in so many ways.
So now, Lord willing, I will have the items ready for the give-away very soon. I appreciate your patience with me.
Melanie, Mei-Ling and I went out together today for a bit, it seems like we don't get out together very often with Melanie not feeling well. Even while we were out, she had a pretty serious episode of very low blood sugar. Fortunately we had everything we needed to get up numbers up right with us.
Every morning and evening during this busy week, I have found such peace in the quiet of chore time. Goats in the pasture, hens clucking, kittens meowing and Harry right by my side. Snowy white milk foaming in the milk pail as my hands work in that steady rhythm of milking. The simple things, the ordinary things for me, they keep that balance going.
Life is good, even when its busy.

Comments

Popular Posts