Kittens, Cicadas and Life




The day was quiet, I sat with Melanie for most of the morning, folding clothes, playing with Mei-Ling and just being there for my sweet daughter who is not feeling all that wonderful right now. Morning, afternoon and evening sickness, that hopefully will pass in the next few weeks. I think we both felt better with me there.
Mei-Ling talked to her Papa on the floor and told him to come and sit by her. She was so cute, wanting him to come home and play with her. I feel so blessed to be near by for so many reasons and one very selfish reason, I get to see them often, almost daily.
Melissa got the results of the NCLEX RN exam that she took yesterday and of course she passed. Even if she wasn't my daughter I would say she is brilliant. She is. Most mothers think their children are brilliant and I am no exception. When Melissa called me this morning to let me know she already had the results, I felt so proud of the results yes, but more proud that she called me right away. I love having that kind of relationship with my children.
I sat outside tonight after chores and just listened to the sound of all the critters that fill the trees in summer. Cicada's are the most noisy. Tonight one was on the ground, trying to make its way somewhere. The kittens discovered it and played gently with it for a few minutes, that is until the cicada jumped and frightened them away. Emery is moving a bush that stands in the way of where the new porch will be. I am so anxious to see it done. I can imagine sitting on there sipping Meadow Tea and watching the sky turn from light blue to dark blue as night falls.
I can imagine sitting out there as the cool rains fall and also watching snow fall from the cover of the porch roof, in my robe, in the middle of a winter night. I can imagine rocking a new baby in the quiet of a peaceful afternoon and promising myself to never forget that moment.
Life is good, it really is.

Comments

Popular Posts