Evening On The Porch


Most of the construction is done on the two porches. Between the two of them, we have about 300 sq feet of more space to enjoy for family gatherings and simply to enjoy on long summer evenings. Since they are both covered porches, we can even enjoy them in the rain. There is a bit more finishing touches to be done and then paint them. I will be doing the painting in the fall when its not so hot out.
Emery and I sat outside on the south porch until time to do chores and then after chores we tried out the back porch. Both are delightful.
Tomorrow night we will celebrate Emery's birthday and everyone is looking forward to spending time on the porches. We are such outdoor folks.
One of the first things I intend to do is put up a nice retractable clothes line on the long south porch for those rainy weeks when its hard to get the clothes dried. Life is good.
We have been so blessed by having an honest, god fearing, hard working, very skilled workman and crew building the porch for us. A fine man from the church we used to attend. I suspect we will be having him do more work for us in the future.
Melanie and Mei-Ling spent the day with me, another blessing for me to be able to help Melanie and also play with the baby. She was sitting in her high chair today surrounded by good healthy things to eat. We settled on a banana and a kiwi for her fruits today and she was a happy girl.

Pslam 128:2 You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.
Mei-Ling enjoying her fruit
View from the south porch
View today from the back porch, it was laundry day
The back porch
The side porch

Comments

mikesgirl said…
Love, love, love your porches! What rooms do you access them from? We have a nice big front porch at our cabin - but I would love to have one out the back door too!
Marci said…
I am thrilled for you. They are wonderful!!!
Deb said…
Your porches are beautiful~there's nothing like being able to relax on a porch!!

You mention Melanie being at the house? Must be she's feeling better and out of the hospital? Hope so !! Blessings to You All~

Debbie Myers
... Paige said…
They are wonderful! I'm sure they will provide many opportunities to create excellent memories.
Wow! They look so great. And you have the climate for this, I think. I bet you have wonderful times together on these porches.
Oh the porches look so wonderful. Emily
Carole said…
I'm back after a bit of silence, but I never gave up reading your blog which is one of the main sources of inspiration in my life !
Your porches are just GREAT ! I've always dreamed of something like that, but we don't have the money right now so we'll wait a little. But I sure would enjoy it more outside !
And MeiLing, such a darling girl ! Congratulations to Melanie on her second pregnancy, prayers for her and the baby that everything will go well, and for MeiLing's health (more good news recently, such a relief !)

Popular Posts