Simply Wonderful, Simple Day



The wind is blowing, change is in the air. Stormy weather arrives tomorrow. The night air is soft coming in the window, the lace curtains fluttering in the breeze.
One can't help but notice the slight chill and the added humidity. It feels good on my skin. My feet are cold though. Need to have socks on.
Emery and I spent some time rearranging furniture for our guest nursery. A crib, a changing table, the pram. Life cycles are powerful things, full of love.
I just heard the sounds of some strange creature outside. Not a noise I was familiar with. A small mammal, to be sure, just not sure what kind. Clouds are now filling in the black spots in the night sky. Racing. Most of the trees are fully leaved out, only the slow nut trees are sparsely decorated with foliage. Again, a life cycle. Powerful teachers for us, provided we look and learn.
Sleepiness is overcoming me. Thoughts of my comfortable bed are taking over. A peacefulness fills the silent house. Emery is already asleep, not far from me. I can hear his steady restful breathing. I love that man. I love his breath, his eyes, his hands, the way his watch fits his wrist. His smile, the way he stands, his devotion to me and the children. His kindness and work ethic. The way he looks at me across the room or across the table, or even when he is sitting right next to me. The way he laughs, and the sound of his voice on the phone each time he calls me during the day.
I love his quick wit, his love of learning, his profound intelligence. I love his farm stories. His strength of character that made him different from his family. His love of history and of facts never bores me.
Yup, its love through and through for us. Nice feeling. There are no empty spots in my life that need to be filled up with things. My life is full of love. Just another simply wonderful, simple day that now is done. Sleep is calling me. I willingly surrender to the sandman who sprinkles sleepy dust upon my eyes.
Emery riding down the road to Melanie's house this afternoon.
The sun, with clouds, and rays. Makes you know something much bigger than us is running the show.

Comments

Popular Posts