The Beauty of Life



Today

Grace Noll Crowell


I heard God's voice upon the wind today;

I heard Him speaking through the song of birds;

And clearly, plainly, through the silver rain

I heard His words.


I saw God's face upon a flower today;

I saw Him moving on the hills, and oh,

He walked upon the water of the stream,

I know ! I know !


I heard God's voice, I saw His shining face;

He spoke to me, He moved along the land;

I reached through all the beauty of the day

And touched His hand.


It was a busy day for us, getting the final touches done on the children's move into their new home. We will all sleep well tonight. So many times in the day I was touched by the dedication Emery shows towards his children. His never ending love for them is shown in all that he does. He is always willing to do whatever needs to be done, no matter how tired he might be, he keeps helping.

We moved Melissa a couple of times when she was at the University of Texas in Austin, and no matter how tired Emery might have been, he smiled and kept on helping. Never complaining. He sets such a good example for our children.

A friend of mine, Connie, prayed that Emery and I would get together, so many years ago. She was a silent matchmaker, just praying daily that if it be Gods will, then He would find a way for us to fall in love. I often think of her prayers for us, all those years ago. She has passed away, but we think of her often and on days like today, when I see the love of my life, so kind and loving, I always thank Connie for her prayers.

Comments

Popular Posts