Sewing in a Sea of Pink


Like my true self, I have waited to the very last minute to get going on the day gown for the baby to come home from the hospital in. I just purchased the rest of the lace I needed this weekend. I enjoy working under pressure, waiting until the last minute to get things done. Emery is the opposite and when I was doing some office work for him from home years ago, he was getting pretty nervous waiting for me to start a policy and procedure book that had a very specific time line. I finished it in the wee hours of the morning, before it had to be turned in.

I try to start things early but I just simply work better under pressure.

The day gown will be fun to put together today, but to be honest, I am fighting this urge to head outside and wander around under the blue sky and in the soft morning air.

Tonight I will start a sweater and hat for the baby out of crochet cotton. I made a sweater and hat out of soft baby yarn, but we think it might be too warm for the baby as Texas has warmed up quite a bit lately.
Last night I was talking with Melissa and telling her that when I made their baby outfits for them to come home from the hospital, I had planned on them becoming heirloom traditions. Outfits they could use for their babies, but Melanie's outfit was made for March weather, so its a nice warm sweater and blanket and told Melissa, simply because her outfit is summery she will have a winter in Vermont baby, (this was also a very subtle hint).

So much for my good planning 27 and 25 years ago.

Tomorrow Steven and Priscilla have their ultrasound. Hope by noon time we know what they will be having so I can finally start shopping and making things for the newest Lockwood baby.

I have to say, sewing, knitting and crocheting for a new baby in the family is ever so much more fun than just making other things.

There is something so special about having your family all around you and seeing the family grow. Being part of the second generation. Seeing your children grow into loving caring parents.

The love just grows and grows. Can't think of any blessing greater than to be surrounded by family. I can sort of guess now how my grandmother used to feel on Sunday afternoons when all my aunts and uncles would come to our house, all the cousins in tow and fill the house up.

A blessing beyond words. It reminds me of Proverbs 31... Its not just about the work that a wife and mother does, its about having family all around her to do it for, that is the blessing.
"Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her "
The goal for me is beyond the crafts, the sewing, the running of a tidy home, the buying of land. It is to always have my children call me blessed and my husband too !

Comments

smilnsigh said…
Oh that picture took my breath away. I so love the colors you chose! Really, really, really. I love them! This will be perfect.

Mari-Nanci
Michele said…
Patty, your family is truly blessed as well to have you!

Popular Posts